The 5th AfCoP annual meeting just took place from 11-13 December 2012, in Tunis, with over one hundred representatives coming from twenty five African countries. A new shift was taken during the three-day event through the achievement of the following key milestones:
- An African platform for Results (AfriK4R) is now laid out in partnership with the leading knowledge networks and capacity building centers across the continent.
- Two regional economic communities (COMESA and WAEMU) committed to support the launch of regional Communities of Practice and increase regional convergence through results based management.
- A governance structure for the AfCoP and the Africa platform for results has been defined and members of the AfCoP’s Core Management Team as well as the Africa Platform for Results’ Consultative Group have been nominated.
- Knowledge on results has been shared with high level panelists who presented good practices and ideas to reinforce the African results agenda.
- Tools have been outlined to assess results capacity gaps and strengthen them for better regional integration through the use of the rapid results approach.
Participants committed to working toward achieving the AfCoP and AfriK4R objectives in the Tunis Declaration on the African Platform for Results available here.
The conclusions of this meeting will be presented in a report to be published early 2013. Beforehand, you are invited to read the meeting materials available below.
Materials Used During the Meeting
Meeting Brochure with the agenda, introductory note, issues papers and participants list.
AfCoP and AfriK4R Presentation and Action Plan