The AfCoP is led by a volunteer Core Management Team (CMT) made of active members who dedicate their time and commitment to managing the AfCoP. The CMT is responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Community in conjunction with the AfCoP Secretariat. It represents and responds to member needs. The CMT is also in charge of developing an annual and results-focused work plan. The 2013 is available HERE.
To move forward the AfCoP's agenda and implement its work plan, the CMT meets bi-monthly via telephone conference call to report on progress made on the AfCoP yearly workplan and make decisions about next steps. CMT members are usually nominated during the AfCoP Annual General Meeting. The CMT and the entire AfCoP is primarily supported by a Secretariat housed at the African Development Bank.
Core Management Team members
- Ledule Bosch, South Africa, Department for Public Service and Administration Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, Chief Director
- Seydou Yayé, Niger, Ministry of Planning and Land Management, Planning Department, General Director
- East Africa:Richard Ssewakiryanga, Uganda, Uganda National NGO Forum, Executive Director
- Southern Africa: Solomon Mhlanga, Zimbabwe, Office of the President and the Cabinet, Modernization Department, Principal Director, Zimbabwe CoP Chair
- West Africa:Maïga Mahamadou Zibo, Mali, Country Capacity Strengthening Plan for Strategic Management of Development, Coordinator, CoP Mali Chair
- North Africa: Abdel Aziz Ould Dahi, Mauritania, National Health Insurance Fund, Director
- Central Africa: Alexandre Barro Chambrier, Gabon, National Assembly, Member of Parliament
- COMESA: Anne Ndirangu, Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
- WAEMU: Aly Coulibaly, Strategic Planning Department, Strategic Planning and Budget Programming Head